Monday 17 December 2012

Defragged

I hate defragging my computer.  It takes for-freaking-ever and, because my computer is a bit stupid, if I leave it defragging for more than ten minutes without moving the mouse it decides to freeze up and make me restart, which is a very effective way of making sure I can't do anything else during the time.

Four and a half hours of not doing anything other than jiggle the mouse occasionally is worth it though, because now it's like warp speed internet!  YAY!  You just don't realise how slow it has become until suddenly its about twice as fast and you're left wondering how you managed at all.

No more making a cuppa while I wait for an image heavy page to load.

The other side of this is that I'm already getting told not to use too much internet because everyone else in the house wants to use it too.  This could just be because I've been crowing about the speed a little lot but seriously, give me like a day, maybe, before getting in a twist about it would you?

Well that's it for today, I'm off to stream videos or something equally fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment